The Finance Department maintains custody of public funds and is responsible for the disbursement of those funds. The department:
- Maintains central accounts and records
- Controls expenditures
- Pre-audits bills and claims
- Has custody of securities and investments
- Invests surplus funds
- Prepares the annual budget
- Prepares financial statements
A properly approved Purchase Order (PO) will be issued for every item purchased. The PO will be mailed to the vendor for certification and signature and returned to the Finance Department. Upon delivery of goods or services, the vendor must submit an invoice. This invoice will be compared to the PO. Properly signed POs will be paid after each Council meeting. Bill lists are created the Monday before each meeting. No POs will be accepted for payment after this day.
The Tax ID is #21-6001170.