The Construction Office, commonly known as the Building Department, enforces the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code in Seaside Heights.
Anthony Cirz, Construction Official, is assisted by Melissa Nelson, Technical Assistant, (T.A.C.O.) Together they oversee all construction, alteration, renovation, rehabilitation, maintenance, occupancy loads, use of buildings, structures and scheduling of all inspections.
Construction Permit Process
All permits are first submitted for approval to the Zoning Officer. (2) Sets of plans are required. Plans are then reviewed by one or more sub-code official(s), depending on the scope of the permit application (e.g., plumbing, mechanical, electric, fire, building). Reviews may take up to 20 business/working days, subject to inspectors’ schedules.
- Building Sub-code Official – John Gerrity Ext 123 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Electric Sub-code Official – Jack Greagori Ext 123 email: email@example.com
- Construction Official/Fire Sub-code Official – Anthony Cirz Ext 133 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plumbing/Mechanical Sub-code Official – Marc Panzitta Ext 123 email: email@example.com
Once all plan approvals are satisfied the permit will be released for payment. The permit will be issued and released after all fees are paid. Construction can then begin by the homeowner or licensed contractor and inspections scheduled accordingly.
Please request all inspections in accordance with the technical sub-codes that are part of your permit application and approval. Failure to request inspections and close your permit may result in fines.
Once you have passed all inspections a certificate of occupancy or certificate of approval is issued. The certificate will be mailed to the homeowner listed on the file jacket.
- UCC-F110 - Building Subcode Technical Section (PDF)
- UCC-F120 - Electrical Subcode Technical Section (PDF)
- UCC-F130 - Plumbing Subcode Technical Section (PDF)
- UCC-F140 - Fire Protection Subcode Technical Section (PDF)
- UCC-F145 - Mechanical Inspectors Technical Section (PDF)
- Construction Permit UCC F170
- Construction Permit Update UCC F190
- Construction Folder (Front Cover) UCC F100-1
- Construction Folder (Inside Left) In Lieu of Oath UCC F100-2
- Zoning Permit Application
- Zoning Permit Instructions
Home Improvement Contractor Registration
Attention: As of January 1, 2006, all home improvement contractors, unless specifically exempted, must be registered with the State of New Jersey. As defined by the statute, a home improvement contractor is anyone who engages in the business of making or selling home improvements including:
Application forms are available either in the Construction Office or from the State.
Please note: The Borough of Seaside Heights is prohibited by law to issue a construction permit to any home improvement contractor who is required to be registered and is not registered. For more information about home improvement contractor registration, check out the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs website for forms, information and a current list of licensed contractors.